The best products for pets and their people
- This review contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Both dogs and cats tend to shed more in the spring to prepare for the warmer temperatures in the summer months but, let’s face it, there’s plenty of shedding year-round! If you’re a pet parent, that means that your home (and everything in it) is probably covered in pet hair. Time to check out the best handheld pet hair vacuums.
Miele Triflex HX1 Cat and Dog Bagless Stick Vacuum
This Miele model is pricy, but the brand is the gold standard of vacuums. A versatile 3-in-1 design means you can use it every day for a variety of jobs, and a HEPA lifetime filter that captures 100% of dust and pet dander ups the value.
Dealing with excess pet hair is a pain, but these lightweight, efficient handhelds can get rid of the pet hair on your clothes, your furniture, and everything else in the house. Because they’re compact, you can reach into tight corners and crevices. You can tame the drifts of pet fur in every room of your house—without dragging a piece of heavy equipment out of the closet. (The cordless models make it easy to get your car looking great, too.)
What Should I Be Looking for in a Handheld Pet Hair Vacuum?
Here are a few pro tips to keep in mind as you shop for the best handheld pet hair vacuum for you (and your pet):
- Noise. Some vacuums are louder than others—and sensitive pets may be afraid of or bothered by the noise. If that’s the case, look for a vacuum that’s designed to be on the quieter side.
- Ergonomic design. It might take more than a few minutes of vacuuming to clear your house of pet hair—so make sure you choose a handheld vacuum with a design that will keep you comfortable and pain-free.
- Look for a warranty. No matter how much research you do or how well-reviewed a pet hair vacuum is, there is always a chance it could break. Make sure that you protect yourself and purchase a vacuum that comes with a warranty.
These handheld vacuums will go a long way towards keeping your home (and yourself, and your car—and everything else) free of pet hair.
The Best Handheld Pet Hair Vacuums
From basic units that’ll simply get the job done to more sophisticated models with extra bells and whistles, here’s a round-up of some of our favorite handheld pet hair vacuums.
There’s no question Miele is one of the highest quality vacuum cleaners you can buy. The Germany-based company has been in the game for over 100 years, and its loyal following and widely well-reviewed products (just Google it) underscore the company’s commitment to quality.
You’ll pay—oh, how you will pay—but the fact is Miele is the gold standard of these machines. (Check out our review of the C3 Cat and Dog canister model: spoiler alert, it turned our Dyson-loving reviewer into a Miele convert).
- Unlike most other Miele models, this cord-free, battery-operated vacuum is lighter and easier to use, without a canister or bag to maneuver or maintain (like most of its other models); you empty it via a dust cup near the handle
- It’s specially made for cat and dog owners with a HEPA lifetime filter that reportedly captures nearly 100% of allergy-inducing dust and dander
- A versatile three-in-one design allows for infinite ways to clean, from standard upright operation to a lightweight handheld style; great for all floor surfaces, and the car, too
Miele Triflex HX1 Cat and Dog Bagless Stick Vacuum
This Miele model is pricy, but the brand is the gold standard of vacuums. A versatile three-in-one design means you can use it every day for a variety of jobs, and a HEPA lifetime filter that captures 100% of dust and pet dander ups the value.
If you want a truly small and light handheld vacuum, consider the Shark Wandvac. Weighing in at just 1.4 pounds, this is one of the most lightweight handhelds on the market. It’s cordless, with a lithium battery that charges in a quick 2.5 hours.
- The LED light displays battery power, so it’s easy to know when it’s time for a charge
- A multi-surface tool allows you to easily clean up pet hair on couches, carpet, floors, and other surfaces
- The crevice tool makes it easy to clean pet hair in traditionally tough-to-reach spots
- Easy, push-button dust bin cleaning
Shark Wandvac Handheld Vacuum
Clocking in at just 1.4 pounds, this small handheld vacuum is ultra-lightweight but doesn’t skimp on performance.
Black & Decker is one of the most trusted names in the vacuum industry. Their products are known for being reliable and effective—and this handheld model is no exception.
The Dustbuster comes equipped with anti-tangle rubber bristles designed to remove stubborn pet hair from carpet, upholstery, and other surfaces—and if you have pet hair hiding in hard-to-reach corners, you’ll appreciate this model’s extra-long crevice tool. Those features, plus a one-touch emptying tool that allows you to easily clear the large dust canister (without getting your hands covered in dirt and hair) make for a pet hair removal winner. Users do report, however, that the motor is on the loud side.
- The battery indicator lets you know when it’s time to recharge
- Washable filter and pre-filter make cleaning and maintenance a cinch
- Four times more suction and 145% longer running time than comparable Black & Decker handheld models
- An extra-large dustbin holds more dirt and hair—which means less frequent emptying
Black & Decker Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
To tackle stubborn pet hair hiding in hard-to-reach corners, this handheld Dustbuster, equipped with anti-tangle rubber bristles that assist in removing hair from carpet, upholstery, and other surfaces, will get the job done.
If you’re in the market for a vacuum that provides both convenience and power specifically designed for pets, you’ll love this handheld vacuum. Weighing in at less than four pounds, this small and lightweight machine deep cleans with powerful suction. The TruePet motorized brush is great for pulling even the most stubborn of pet hair from carpets and upholstery; all you have to do to get rid of the pet hair when you’re done vacuuming is push a button to empty the dust cup—there are no bags to remove or replace. In limited supply, so don’t wait!
- The 15-foot power cord gives you the freedom to clean large areas of your home without unplugging or recharging (note that it doesn’t automatically retract—you’ll need to roll up the cord by hand)
- Weighing less than 4 pounds, this vacuum is lightweight, compact, and portable
- Motorized brush accessory is specifically designed to tackle hard-to-remove pet hair
- Washable and reusable filters mean zero maintenance costs
Verified Review: “I love that the Shark comes with multiple attachments: a crevice tool, a motorized brush, a standard upholstery tool, and an extension wand/hose—giving you the perfect tool for each surface. I was able to suck up cat litter and pet hair on hardwood stairs, cement floors, pet (and human) beds, antique wool rugs, and even the car. It had superior suction power to other vacuums I tried, was relatively quiet, and very maneuverable.”
(For a very in-depth review and test of the Shark Rocket Handheld Vacuum, read our article, Bissell vs. Shark: The Ultimate Handheld Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaner Smackdown.)
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Hand Vacuum
This small handheld vacuum offers a balance of convenient features and powerful suction. Its washable filters are low-maintenance while the motorized brush accessory is designed to remove pet hair from carpets and upholstery.
This handheld’s pro-cyclonic suction not only picks up pet hair, dirt, debris, and other allergens in your home, but it prevents them from being released back into the air. It also features noise-reduction technology, a variety of attachments, and more than 30 minutes of battery life (more than some of the other handhelds on this list). Buyers rave about its lightness and ease of use. In stock soon, so check back on Amazon!
- The pro-cyclonic suction system is both powerful and ideal for allergy sufferers
- Comes with six attachments
- Cordless design and extended battery power
- Reduced noise—sound stays below 75 decibels
Sowtech Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
While other vacuums can be noisy, this cordless vacuum’s powerful pro-cyclonic suction is relatively quiet at under 75 decibels (this is good for anxious pets).
One of the most important features of any vacuum is the motor—that’s especially true when you’re trying to vacuum stubborn, hard-to-remove pet hair. This hand vacuum features a 100-watt high-powered motor to remove pet hair from your couch, upholstery, and stairs.
- Comes equipped with four easily interchangeable attachments—including a pet brush and a crevice tool for getting into hard-to-reach corners
- Cordless vacuum with up to 30 minutes of continuous run time
- The vacuum comes with a hassle-free 12-month warranty
- Comes with a carrying bag for easy transport and storage
Lozayi Handheld Cordless Rechargeable Vacuum
This handheld vacuum features a 100-watt motor that’s powerful enough to remove pet hair from practically every corner of your home.
Does this vacuum live up to its “Pet Pro Plus” name? We think so.
It was designed specifically to tackle pet messes—including pet hair—on floors, carpet, upholstery, and other surfaces. It includes pet-centric tools like a detachable pet brush, a crevice tool to access hard-to-reach corners, and a scrubbing brush. Two ultra-powerful cyclonic air streams provide strong suction. This handheld is cordless, so you can take it anywhere in your home and out to your car.
- Cordless design and long-lasting lithium-ion battery make for easy on-the-go pet hair removal
- The extra-large dust cup holds nearly half a quart of dust and pet hair
- The bagless design makes cleanup easy
Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro Plus Cordless Handheld Vacuum
Designed to tackle pet messes and loose hair, this cordless vacuum comes with an assortment of tools like a detachable pet brush, a crevice tool, and a scrubbing brush.
VacLife isn’t exactly a household name—but don’t let that deter you! Between the powerful suction (strong enough to pick up coins), extended battery life, enhanced HEPA filters, and ergonomic design, this handheld vacuum is a powerhouse when it comes to removing pet hair. A built-in LED lights your way to clean in dark corners and under furniture.
- Powerful suction allows for deep cleaning and pet hair removal
- Six 22.2V Lithium-ion batteries provide 30 minutes of continuous battery life
- Ergonomic design allows you to vacuum comfortably
- Sixty-day money-back guarantee and three-year warranty
VacLife Handheld Cordless Vacuum
In addition to its ergonomic design, this handheld vacuum boasts enhanced HEPA filters, powerful suction, and extended battery life.
If your pet tends to get into hard-to-reach corners of your home (and let’s be real—many pets do!), this handheld vacuum has you covered; similar to its sister model above, this one’s equipped with an LED light for cleanups in dark corners. As for cleaning power, this vacuum does wet and dry vacuuming, has multiple nozzle attachments, and can easily handle a 30-minute cleaning session on one battery charge.
- LED light helps you see in hard-to-reach corners
- Stainless steel HEPA filter is washable and durable
- Cordless design makes it easy to clean up pet hair on the go
- Lithium-ion batteries
VacLife Handheld Vacuum
For an option that can handle both wet and dry vacuuming, this cordless vacuum is what you need. It’s also equipped with an LED light for cleanups in dark areas.
While it won’t replace a larger, more powerful handheld vacuum for bigger surfaces, Bissell’s little number is good for furniture, dog beds, cat trees, and small messes. It’s lightweight, handheld, and boasts a nozzle with rubber comb-like bristles to grab dog and cat hair. Our reviewer found, however, that the Pet Hair Eraser is really just for pet hair and isn’t as effective for sucking up regular old dirt. Read our in-depth review of the Bissell here.
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum
If pet hair is your main concern, this lightweight handheld vacuum is a great option for cleaning up small messes.
The Dog People Newsletter
Sign up and get $25 off pet sitting and dog walking!
Published at Mon, 25 Oct 2021 20:06:30 -0400